GASTOINTESTINAL FLORA, IMMUNE SYSTEM & LACTOSE INTOLERANCE
Advancis® Biobacil has a probiotic complex, with 10 selected strains, that improve intestinal flora, support immune system, prevent pathogenic microorganisms infections and promote several other health benefits. Advancis® Biobacil contains 2.5 billion living microorganisms per capsule.
According to World Health Organization, probiotics are defined as “living microorganisms which, when administrated in adequated amounts, confer a health benefit on the host” (WHO/FAO, 2001).
The Intestinal Flora
In the surface of gastrointestinal epithelium is the intestinal flora, which constitutes a barrier and regulates our relationship with the nutrients we ingest and this is the starting point for determining a good health condition.
Intestinal microflora plays several functions that are essential for the proper functioning of the organism:
- Role on the nutrition and metabolism, as result of biochemical activity and flora.
- Protection functions, preventing the invasion of pathogenic microorganisms (barrier effect).
- Trophic functions on the proliferation and differentiation of intestinal epithelium and the development and modulation of the immune system.
When to Recommend
- Diarrhea episodes
- Unbalanced gastrointestinal flora
- Lactose intolerance
Recommended Daily Dosage
Children from 3 to 6 years old:
- As an immune system enhancer, take 1 capsule per day.
- As an intestinal normalizer, take 1 capsule at breakfast, 1 capsule at lunch and 1 capsule at dinner.
Children from 6 years old and adults:
- Same dosage as above.
- Open the capsule and dissolve its content in water or juice.
- This should not be taken with hot drinks (temperatures above 25ºC).
- 20 Capsules of 500 mg.